Monday, February 7, 2011

What's for dinner?


Hey ya'll..  Tonight for dinner I made shrimp scampi with fettuccine..   While I was fixing the pasta I sauteed some minced garlic in a pan with 2TBSP butter and 2TBSP olive oil and then added the shrimp..   I let the shrimp cook then removed it from the pan, added 1/2 cup of white wine and the juice from a lemon..  I put them shrimp back in to the pan and added the pasta with some fresh chopped parsley...   Can you say YUM??   I also had some three cheese rolls I picked up from Fresh Market that we had with the scampi..   so even though my hands smell like lemon and garlic it was totally worth it.   Then for dessert I made vanilla pound cake and made a chocolate ganache using milk chocolate chips and white chocolate chips and about half a cup of heavy whipping cream then I poured it on the pound cake (obviously) and it tasted just as good as it looked.     I"m still trying to decide what kinda of bread to make.   Any ideas are welcome :)

No comments:

Post a Comment