Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I'm Back!

Hello there!!   I know, I'm terrible at this....   Shame, shame on me!   But there have been LOTS and LOTS of changes in my life in the past few months.   First of all, I quit my job at Best Buy and now I'm full time at the bakery..  There is a new one opening in midtown toward the end of September that I will be going to.    Which brings me to the next thing that happened, I moved!   I'm still in Memphis, but I'm in midtown now..  Which is much better than the apartment than I was in, but as they say; good things come to those who wait.  Anyway.   I've made so many things since the last time I posted that I don't even know where to start!  Yesterday I made my first bread!   It was actually super easy..   I made ciabatta bread with a recipe from here http://www.thefreshloaf.com/node/2984/jasons-quick-coccodrillo-ciabatta-bread -- Jason's Quick Coccodrillo Ciabatta Bread  here's mine
 I also made a chocolate cream pie yesterday....    I got the recipe from http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/16ccc0/www.hersheys.com/recipes/  It didn't quite set the way I would have liked, but it still tasted fantastic.   I also decided to pipe my whipped cream on instead of just putting a dollop on each piece.
 


The next thing I made which caused a HUGE fuss on facebook was a Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake.   Which was fantastic if I do say so myself.  It had a graham cracker crust with cream cheese powdered sugar and vanilla for the cheese cake part and then chocolate chip cookie dough on top!   You make each part separately and then bake it all together at the end.

  I can't remember where I got the recipe from otherwise I would put it on here...   I've looked at SO many lately that if I don't instantly bookmark it I'll never find it again...


My mom came to visit Sunday.   Tyler and I made homemade pizza for her.   That's a go to easy thing to make in a pinch.   I had a little trouble getting the dough to rise, but mama said to put it in the oven with just the light on and she was so right.   That's what I did for my bread yesterday and it was wonderful!  She brought me some GooseBerry Patch books  http://gooseberrypatch.com; four of the christmas editions!   I'm SO ready for Christmas now!   I got a ton of ideas from those books for decorations, gifts and treats!!  I don't want to wish summer, or my favorite; FALL away, but I absolutely couldn't be more thrilled to actually have time to do all this stuff this year.   This will be the first time since I've been old enough to work that I wont be working retail...  All I have to say is our house will be decked out for Christmas.   and Thanksgiving...  and Halloween..

I'm also going to try my hand at candle making.   I ordered the CUTEST jars from Peak Candle Supply and I got a nifty little starter candle kit from Amazon.    Just waiting for it to come in now...    I'll let you know how that turns out.   Well, I think that's enough for now.    I promise I'll try to do better at this!!

1 comment:

  1. A few years ago my wife and I painted a kitchen countertops wuth melamine paint. No primer needed and it adheres very well. You can also get one or more colors to dab in.

    ReplyDelete