Monday, November 28, 2011

Chrimmas



1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot chocolate, though I did buy some egg nog last night

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Wraps!

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
I like white.  Though I think when I have kids I'll use colored for a while, I know I loved the colored when I was little.

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
No, but I want to.

5. When do you put your decorations up?
Usually Thanksgiving day, but this year I started early and started this past Tuesday.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish?
mashed potatoes and gravy.    not just a holiday dish, but we always have it a Thanksgiving and Christmas and I love it.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?
every year my parents would get me a new stocking.   They still do it and I'm 23.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I don't remember...

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
I might have once or twice, but I don't really remember.   I do remember us doing the 12 days of Christmas one year and I got to open a small gift everyday on the 12 days leading up to the big gifts on Christmas.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
I have tons and tons or ornaments.   Tyler and I will get to add our second one to it this year :)

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
it's okay.    We don't really get snow until February. 

12. Can you ice skate?
I haven't in a long time, but I used to be okay at it.  

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
I remember my parents got me the peg puzzles (like at cracker barrel) one year and I loved those things.   I also got a pogo stick one year..  and a car.  ha
Adulthood- Tyler got me a yellow pea coat last year.   It's amazing!   I also got a fantastic hand mixer from my parents last year.    I use it quite frequently

14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Getting to spend time with family.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
Pecan pie and lemon ice box pie.  period.   I'll eat the rest, but if I don't have these I have to make them for myself.   It's a must.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Watching it's a Wonderful Life on Christmas Eve. 

17. What tops your tree?
I've always had a star but this year we got a Santa and I'm pretty excited about it.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
Giving.   I LOVE Christmas shopping.   It's one of my most favorite things.

19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum?
YUMMMMM

20. Favorite Christmas show?
It's a Wonderful Life, Elf, Christmas Vacation, all of the cartoons....

21. Saddest Christmas Song?
Christmas Shoes.    I actually hate this song because it makes me cry every time I hear it.   stupid song.

22. What is your favorite Christmas song?
Traditional- Baby it's Cold Outside.
Fun- Waitress's "Christmas Wrapping", or *don't make fun of me* Justin Bieber "Mistletoe"
But I seriously love all Christmas music and I actually started listening to it well before Thanksgiving this year.   I also love this.





No comments:

Post a Comment