Monday, November 14, 2011

Layered Mississippi Mud Cake


Friday Tyler and I were watching the fabulous Paula Deen on Food Network and she made the most fantastic looking thing I've seen in a very long time.  This  Layered Mississippi Mud Cake recipe was actually kind of hard to find because she has the Mississippi Mud Cake on Food Network and the layered cake was on her website.   Anyway, we finally found the recipe and decided we'd make it.   It turned out amazingly!   I thought it would be really rich, but it isn't.  Reminds me a lot of a sheet cake.

  I replaced the pecans with walnuts because Tyler doesn't like pecans.  But OMG it was SO good.   The filling helps cut the sweetness of the cake and icing.   I will make this again for sure!


On Sunday we went Christmas decoration shopping.   I'm trying not to buy any ornaments for the tree this year (I'm trying to make all of them), but I did need some new lights for outside and a few bows.  I'm so excited I want to put them up now!     But we're waiting until next Tuesday because Tyler will be off and we'll be at his parents on Thanksgiving day, which is usually when I'd do it. 

I so can't wait until Thanksgiving.  It's only 10 days away!  This year has FLOWN by!  I'm making a tequila lime pie for work and a pecan and lemon ice box to take to Tyler's parents.   Oh the mashed potatoes and gravy I will eat.   

Have a great week everyone. 



-Brandi



No comments:

Post a Comment