Sunday, October 9, 2011

not so silent Sunday


Today was a fairly eventful day.   I woke up with a headache; what's new?  But as I was making breakfast (lemon rolls, they're divine if you haven't tried them) I noticed that my 20% off coupon for Bed Bath and Beyond was expiring TOMORROW!!!   It's been on my freezer for several months and I don 't even know what made me look at but I'm sure glad I did!   Initially I was looking for a sewing machine, but I decided I'd go to Jo Ann for that and while I was there Tyler talked me into ordering the one I had picked out off Amazon.com because I would save over $100..    I completely get the whole saving money thing but I wanted it right then.    I'm over it now.  haha.   I decided on the Singer Curvy 8770.  Pretty much the only thing I can see that it doesn't do is embroidery...  Which is okay I guess.   Not that I know crap about sewing machines..   I just know I want one and that one caught my eye.  Does anyone have any recommendations?   Is Brother better than Singer? I've found a brother one that does embroidery...  ANYWAY.   After our entirely too long visit to Jo Ann we went to Bed Bath and Beyond.    I had it in my mind we were going to use the coupon for an ice cream maker or a waffle iron.  I know, I'm weird.  But I don't have either and I really wanted both.   I finally decided on the waffle iron because they didn't have the ice cream maker I wanted..  After we picked it out we walked around the entire store (like we always do) and ended at their clearance/open box section where I was gazing at the Paula Dean Deep Fryer they had I happened to see a bowl like thing sitting on top of the box so I grabbed it to look at it and low and behold it was a Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer Ice Cream Maker attachment!!    Marked down to $49.99 because it was a display.   I was thrilled because it was the ice cream maker I wanted anyway, and with it being half off I got BOTH!  yay me!  and yay Tyler for buying them both for me!   Over all a good day!   I'm going to do more sewing machine research now.  Happy almost Monday!!  



Brandi

No comments:

Post a Comment