Thursday, September 15, 2011

Fall is in the Air!! (well, sort of)

Happy Thursday!! How about this weather today!!  It feels AMAZING outside!!!  I hope everyone is having as fantastic of a week as I am!!   I sometimes let it slip my mind how extremely blessed I am.   I get too caught up with things that aren't going just the way I want them or with the fact that I have a continuous headache that just isn't quite as bad sometimes as others..  But truth be told, I am blessed beyond belief.   My life is SO unbelievably better this year than last.   I had a great summer with my fantastic boyfriend..  I'm just in such a better place this year!  Speaking of year, next Wednesday, the 21st will be Tyler's and I one year anniversary!!  He's super fantastic and I love him very much!!!    We've actually been looking at buying a house!!   I've of course found a few I think are awesome, but I don't know Memphis neighborhoods very well and all of the really cute ones I've found are in what Tyler considers bad neighborhoods..   Oh well.   I'm sure it's a lengthy process anyway, I'm just impatient and when I decide I want something I pretty much want it right then.

Me at the Arch
Tyler being extremely excited about the Arch
Tyler and I in front of the Arch

     We went to St. Louis over labor day.   It was so much fun!!   We went to six flags on Saturday and we had a blast!!   Even though it was a holiday weekend there weren't that many people and the longest wait we had for a ride was about 10 minutes!   It was great!   Sunday was just spent exploring St. Louis.  We went to the Arch of course and it was beautiful!  We walked so much over the weekend..   Probably more than we did when we were in New Orleans! 

     The last time I posted, I put up pictures of the jars I got for them.   Well, I must say I've made a few and not only are they adorable in the jars they smell great!

just in case you can't see the names there (clockwise from top left) Black Raspberry Vanilla, Lemon Pound Cake, Strawberries and Cream, Sweet Pumpkin Spice and Blueberry Muffin!   YUM!!



I love Fall/Halloween so much I've already got out my ceramic jack-o-lantern Tyler bought me...    I wittingly put a sweet pumpkin spice candle inside. 


Love it!  

Another reason I love fall (other than the beautiful colors of the leaves and the cooler weather) is all of the WONDERFUL food!  I'm already making my second batch of chex mix as I type this!    That is one of my absolute favorite fall/football foods.   It's really easy to make...    

I use a large roast pan.   The kind you can just throw away.

Preheat oven to 250 degrees.  

6 Tbsp butter
4 tsp Worcestershire sauce (I always add a little more)
3 tsp seasoned salt
*optional-garlic powder
2 cups corn chex
2 cups rice chex
2 cups wheat chex
3/4 cup mixed nuts
1 cup pretzel sticks
1 cup cheez-its





While your oven is preheating melt the butter in the roast pan.  Add Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt and garlic powder.  Mix well.  Then add the rest of the ingredients making sure to get the butter mixture all over the chex, pretzels and cheez-its.  bake for an hour stirring every 15 minutes then spread out on paper towels to dry/cool.  Try not to eat all that day!




I think that's enough for today..    I know what I'm having for breakfast this morning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment